COVID-19 CE's Communique
Dear Valued Client, The COVID-19 global pandemic has caused unprecedented distress in global societies as businesses are closing down, some companies have staff members working from home, schools are being closed, travel bans are being imposed, social events have been discouraged, weddings and religious gatherings included, amongst many others disruptions.
As all this happens, we should bear in mind that our health is the topmost priority, therefore, we must embrace Government directives and comply with all safety guidelines being shared with us by the health experts who have identified the enablers of this pandemic.
As Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe, the wellbeing of our staff and clients remains top priority because their wellness is what drives our existence and ensures that you, our customers, are served with service excellence. To promote the concept of social distancing and maintain the health of both employees and customers, we have taken the following measures:
• We have temporarily closed Victoria Falls and Hwange branches until further notice due to a reported case and the extent of international traffic in these small towns.
• Our Incubator Hub has been temporarily closed until further notice to promote the concept of social distancing which has been advised by global health organizations as a major preventative measure.
• Some of our employees are working from home while others work from secluded offices in order to continue providing services to you.
• We have sent out communications to all our stakeholders encouraging them to contact us via telephone or email to avoid visiting our offices for their own safety and that of our employees.
• Sanitizing of hands upon entering any of our banking halls or offices has been made mandatory.
• We request all clients to maintain a minimum distance of 1 – 2 metres apart in all circumstances to avoid any possible spread of the virus.
• Digital technology is not just for convenience but has become an enabler for safe banking practices. We encouraged you to use our digital banking platforms. These platforms include Blue247 Mobile Banking, Online Banking, Enterprise Online, SlydePay, Stanbic App and Business Online. Visits to the bank become very limited with the adoption of technology.
We care about your wellness, and that of our employees, therefore, we urge all our Customers to embrace these measures and cooperate with our staff members to ensure that we effectively practice social-distancing while continuing with necessary business transactions.
Our digital banking alternatives allow you to carry out day-to-day banking activities from the comfort of your home, therefore, please minimize commuting and traveling to different vendors or merchants’ premises in this manner. Some of the transactions you can do include paying bills, buying data, airtime, electricity vouchers, ZIMRA obligations, sending and receiving money amongst many others. Please visit www.stanbicbank.co.zw for a full list of the transactions you can process on our digital banking platforms. If you are not sure of any functionality, please contact us by sending an email to your Relationship Manager if you have their email address or calling our Client Contact Centre on +263 242 79920051 or +263 8677004288.
We also have toll free numbers, please take note and use them as required during this critical time:
Econet 0808021, Telone: 0804339, Telecel 0731950950/3/4, NetOne 08010043
We do understand that in any business or personal financial cycle there can be challenges in meeting financial obligations. These challenges may be heightened especially in times of economic downturns and crisis. Customers who are in financial distress should contact the bank as soon as possible. The sooner the bank is informed, the sooner both parties can find a workable solution to address or resolve issues of financial distress. It is not in Stanbic Bank's interest to see any business fail, or a home lost. It is in both parties' interest to find a workable solution.
Let us work together and we will emerge victorious against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for continued support.
Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe