A current account allows you to apply for an overdraft and a cheque book to make payments more convenient.
What does it offer me
A current account is your key to faster banking and opens doors to more banking products and services, such as insurance, electronic banking and loans.
Visa card security tips
- Notify the bank at least 48 hours before you travel
- In your notification specify your destination country and length of your visit
Reasons for notification
- To ensure convenience
- To ensure safety
- To enable the bank to detect and prevent card fraud early
Tips that can protect you from card skimming
- Never give your card to someone at an ATM for any reason
- Never let your card out of your sight when paying with your card
- Never let strangers assist you at an ATM, even if they appear to be a bank
official or security personnel. The staff in the branches will be able to assist.
- Be aware of people standing close to you when you are concluding transactions at the ATM
- Watch out for suspicious characters loitering by the ATM area.
- Always use an ATM in a well-lit area
- Become familiar with the appearance of the face of the ATM machines.
- Check keypad and card reader section if raised and not flushed with the rest
of the ATM machine. Look out for any scratches, marks or tape residue on the face of the ATM.
- Never use an ATM if it appears to be damaged
- Skimming devices are portable and criminals can move them around to different locations.
- Look out for any scratches, marks or tape residue on the face of the ATM
- Lower your ATM daily withdrawal limits
- Pay particular attention to the keypad, card entry slot, transaction slip presenter as well as around the light fitting on the machine. They should not be raised.
Security Tips on Point of sale
- Never allow the cashier or anyone else to enter your PIN for you, even if they are assisting you with the transaction.
- Block the view of others when using a POS terminal.
- Be sure the transaction is complete and you have received a receipt before leaving.
- If you receive cash back, put it away before leaving the terminal.
- When using an outdoor POS terminal such as for car renting or service station, observe your surroundings before making a transaction. If anything looks suspicious,
leave the area immediately.
- It is a good idea to take someone with you when using an outdoor POS terminal at night.
- If anyone follows you after you have completed your POS transaction, go immediately to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
VISA Risk Management System
We advise that the Bank has introduced 24/7 VISA Risk Manager (VRM) monitoring system to ensure that all VISA card related issues are attended to at all times. The monitoring is taken care of at the Customer Care Centre (CCC). The contact numbers and e-mail address for CCC are as follows; +263 4 701270; +263 4 701287; +263 4 757627, [email protected]
To download these tips click here.
Who can apply
Anyone above the age of 18.
Parents or guardians of children under 18 years can open an account for their children.
How to apply
Visit your nearest Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe branch with the following documents:
- A government recognised identity card, driver’s license or valid passport.
- Current proof of residence, such as a utility bill (ZESA, TelOne, Water and rates bill or City Council only of less than 3 months). If the bill does not bear the prospective account holder’s name, we require an ID of the property owner as reflected on the utility bill. The property owner must complete a co-habitant form.
- Proof of income, such as current payslip or 3 months previous bank statements for self-employed people
- 2 passport size photos